Stay in the Saddle


"Stay in the Saddle" is what my spin coach yelled to our group.  She continued on to say how sitting in the saddle is the hardest thing we do sometimes and how we want to get up into 3rd position (standing while riding) so badly when it starts to get hard.  "Fight the urge to go into 3rd.  Stay in the saddle.  You came here for a reason - don't take the easy way out, push, push, push." We need constant encouragement so that we don't jump up into 3rd position.

For me, sitting in the saddle is very difficult - in spin class and in life.  I need to be moving around. I chose a job that allows me to get out of the office and look at houses with my clients, attend closings, prospect face-to-face, etc.  I do not do well in the "saddle" for long periods of time.  What I have found, however, is that I need to be stuck in the "saddle" at the office every now and then to be able to get more clients.  It is crucial that I am active on social media, making phone calls, sending e-mails, preparing marketing materials, etc.  I know that just like in spin class if I want to see an improvement, I have to push myself to do things that are uncomfortable.  It is crucial for my success. We will not improve or grow without pushing and doing things that are difficult.  I can go to spin class and keep the tension loose, and stay in the saddle for hours.  This would not benefit me.  I need to push myself as hard as I can for the time that I am in the class in order to see changes in my body. In the office, I need to plan a specified amount of time and use that time wisely especially knowing that I don't like to sit for long periods of time.  Setting up a very specific schedule is what helps me.

I have started to be very specific about my day.  For example, one day might look like this:

7:30-8:30 Read news and emails
8:30-10:00 Gym
10:00-12:00 Prospecting
12:00-12:30 Lunch
12:30-1:30 Emails, answer phone calls
1:30-2:30 Blog Posts and Marketing
2:30-5:30 Listing Presentations or Showings with Buyers
5:30-9:30 Dinner and Family Time

If I try to stick with a schedule, it is a lot easier for me to stay focused which helps me stay in the saddle and push through the "pain".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1157 W. 400 S.